Wednesday, February 9, 2011

And this folks, is why I sew.....

After a day of being stuck in the house with a sick husband and 2 sweet but energetic little ones.....I went to my sewing room and turned on my sewing machine.  I have a couple of projects I am working on right now, 3 minky crib sheets, 1 minky baby blankie, 2 adult aprons, and 2 little boy aprons.  I decided to finish my boy aprons first.  So I grabbed this fabric:
 And after a little cutting, embroidering, ironing and sewing....it turned into this:
 As I finished this project, I just thought about how fun it is to take a pile of rectangular fabric and turn it into any shape, size, and design I choose.  I am so grateful that I have this little hobby that can calm me down and remind me how fun it is to make something....
 

3 comments:

Janette @ The Johanson Journey said...

I think this is adorable!!! Way to go girly!! I like the fact that you are creating so many different things and aren't limited to what you can make or are willing to try!!

Snuzi said...

OH MY WORD! I just squealed out loud! I love love love this!

Janette said...

Your blog has been awarded the stylish blog award! Please stop by my blog to read the rules of how to accept it!